François Lan is a partner in the firm’s Paris office, where he focuses his practice in mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, bankruptcy law and private equity matters. In addition to his transactional work, he regularly assists clients with the negotiation and drafting of a broad range of contracts, and provides other counselling with respect to general corporate, commercial and bankruptcy matters.
Mr. Lan was admitted at the Paris bar in 2007. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Lan was an associate in several major US law firms in Paris, where he was resident associate in Corporate M&A. Before becoming a lawyer, Mr Lan had been an in-house lawyer in a majorFrench company in Tampa, Florida for 2 years. Mr. Lan had also worked for the French patents and trademarks office (Institut de la Propriete Intellectuelle).
- D.E.A, University of Aix-Marseille – Aix-en-Provence, 2003
- D.E.S.S., University of Aix-Marseille – Aix-en-Provence, 2002
- Maitrise, University of Aix-Marseille – Aix-en-Provence, 2001
Mr. Lan won the French lawyers golf championship (coupe du bâtonnier Guy Danet) in 2007 and 2008.
He is also the author of several publications.
- Commercial Transactions and Outsourcing
- Corporate Governance
- Private Equity
- Restructuring & Insolvency