Philippe Royou has an experience of more than 25 years in tax advisory and contentious work, both in domestic and cross-border transactions:
- Mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, joint ventures and buyouts: a particular experience in renewable energy projects may be put forward;
- Investment funds: services may be rendered for different types of funds, including especially real estate and hedge funds;
- Estate planning: transfers of businesses, cross-border successions, change of country of residence and disclosure to the authorities of undeclared foreign financial assets (it is worth mentioning a particular experience in trusts and other similar “structures”) are especially covered;
- Compensation and employee benefits: a strong experience is available in a wide range of issues, such as designing and implementing incentive compensation plans of all types (stock options, restricted shares, company savings-plans, notional instruments etc.), taxation of expatriates and “impatriates”, cross-border compensation, bonus schemes and management packages for both buyouts and private equity management teams;
- International tax: foreign clients investing in France (especially acquiring French real property), as well as French clients investing abroad (including via investment funds), may be represented, and this means working closely with foreign tax advisors; and
- Tax examination and litigation: clients benefit from extensive experience negotiating with tax authorities.
Clients range from publicly traded companies, private equity funds, start-up companies to high net worth individuals.
Before joining Squadra Avocats in 2013, Philippe spent most of his career with Simmons & Simmons and Freshfields.
Philippe is a regular contributor to French and international tax journals.
- Tax law
- International tax structuring