François Lan is a partner at Squadra, working within the fields of mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, bankruptcy law, and private equity matters. In addition to his transactional work, he regularly assists clients with the negotiation and drafting of a broad range of contracts, and provides other counsel with respect to general corporate, commercial, and bankruptcy matters.
Mr. Lan was admitted to the Paris bar in 2007. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Lan was an associate in the Corporate M&A departments of several major US law firms in Paris. Before becoming a lawyer, Mr. Lan had been an in-house lawyer in a major French company in Tampa, Florida for 2 years. Mr. Lan had also worked for the French patents and trademarks office (Institut de la Propriété Intellectuelle).
- D.E.A, University of Aix-Marseille – Aix-en-Provence, 2003
- D.E.S.S., University of Aix-Marseille – Aix-en-Provence, 2002
- Maitrise, University of Aix-Marseille – Aix-en-Provence, 2001
Mr. Lan won the French lawyers golf championship (coupe du bâtonnier Guy Danet) in 2007 and 2008.
He is also the author of several publications on the subject of insolvency proceedings.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Transactions and Outsourcing
- Corporate Governance
- Private Equity
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- “High notoriety” in Mergers & Acquisitions – Transactions up to €75m, Décideurs Juridiques, 2021