Jean-Baptiste Belin advises French and foreign clients on transactional- or dispute-related matters relating to strategic IT projects.
His key areas of expertise are IT contracts (digital transformation, outsourcing, partnerships), digital law (e-commerce, cryptology, …), intellectual property (trademarks, copyright, patents, designs and models), personal data, as well as communication and media issues. An important part of his activity is dedicated to litigation (failure of IT projects, counterfeiting, reputational harm, database extractions, court-mandated expert appraisals, evidence collection, unfair competition, etc.) before the civil and commercial courts.
Jean-Baptiste previously worked in-house in the legal department of Atos, where he was in charge of complex IT contracts with CAC40/SBF companies (software integration, outsourcing, TMA, software licences, strategic partnerships, hosting, facilities management etc.). Thanks to his in-house experience, he offers a proactive, loyal and pragmatic client experience.
- “Highly recommended” for IT, software & digital projects, Décideurs juridiques 2023 and 2021
- “Highly recommended” for Internet Law, Décideurs juridiques 2023 and 2021
- “Highly recommended” for Commercial Litigation, Décideurs juridiques 2023
- “Renowned Practice” Luxury & Fashion, Décideurs juridiques 2021
Jean-Baptiste Belin was a teaching assistant at Paris II Panthéon-Assas University for several years, in contract and tort laws. Each year, he participates as a jury member in the admission exams for the Paris Bar School.
- IT Contracts
- Litigation and court-mandated expert appraisals
- Data protection and cryptology
- Internet law
- Intellectual property law
- Master 2 Degree in IT and multimedia laws, Panthéon-Assas Paris II University
- Master 2 Degree in Intellectual Property, Centre for International Intellectual Property Studies
- Master 1 Degree in International Law, Panthéon-Assas Paris II University
Alexandre Tessonneau supports French and international companies in their projects relating to digital transformation and innovation, both in an advisory capacity and in litigation. He accompanies clients in drawing up and negotiating IT and commercial contracts, on regulatory issues in the digital sphere and on intellectual property matters. A significant portion of his activities is dedicated to data and data evaluation (personal data, e-privacy, open data…) in the context of compliance programmes or launching innovating products and projects.
Alexandre previously worked in the legal department of a listed digital services company. He then practiced as an attorney in reputed Parisian IT teams, while retaining a strong connection with in-house practitioners, including through several secondments with clients in the consulting, banking and secure identity solutions sectors. This experience allows him to bring his legal expertise to bear as a genuine partner for our clients, with an acute sensitivity to their business needs and requirements.
- “Solid Reputation” for IT, software & digital projects, Décideurs juridiques 2021
- “Solid Reputation” for Internet law, Décideurs juridiques 2021
Alexandre Tessonneau is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and of the French Association of Personal Data Protection Correspondents (AFCDP). He has contributed to the works of the INTA, of ITECHLAW and of the Association for the development of legal computer science (ADIJ).
- IT Contracts
- Commercial Contracts
- Personal Data Protection
- Internet Law / E-commerce
- Intellectual Property Law
- Certified Information Privacy Professional / Europe, IAPP
- Master 2 Degree in Intellectual Property and Emerging Technologies, CUERPI, Grenoble Alpes University
- Master 1 Degree in International Law, Panthéon-Sorbonne Paris 1 University
Squadra Avocats advises directors and companies in developing their digital activities, on a broad range of issues from the design phase to the promotion of strategic projects. Our Intellectual Property, Technologies and Data team has developed top-notch expertise in negotiating and implementing major IT projects on behalf of clients and suppliers alike, including in the fields of outsourcing, integration projects, cloud projects – XaaS, or subcontracting, in France and abroad. We also dedicate a significant portion of our activity to data law (GDPR – protection of personal data, e-privacy, open data…) and its valuation.
We also frequently represent clients in litigation (failure of IT projects, infringement, damage to reputation, database extractions, expert appraisals, evidence collection, unfair competition, etc.) before the civil and commercial courts.
• IT contracts
• Commercial contracts
• Protection of personal data
• Internet law / e-commerce
• Intellectual property law
• Litigation and court-mandated expert appraisals
• “Highly recommended” for IT, software & digital projects, Décideurs juridiques 2023
• “Highly recommended” for Internet Law, Décideurs juridiques 2023
• “Highly recommended” for Data Protection Law, Décideurs juridiques 2023
• “Recommended” for Luxury & Fashion, Décideurs juridiques 2022 and 2021